Monday, November 29, 2010

Chapter 20

Kris and Mia flew up to Montreal so that they could be there for his mom. Kris was worried and Mia knew it so she was going to support Kris in anyway possible. They headed to the hospital after leaving the airport and found his mom's room. When they got to the room the nurse was just walking out and Kris stopped her and asked, "How is my mom doing?"
"She is fine now but when they brought her in her blood pressure was high and she was having a hard time breathing and it turned out not to be anything life threatening so she is going to be released tonight" the nurse said.
"Thank you" Kris said as he and Mia walked into his mom's room. Kris was nervous but Mia took his hand and Kris looked at Mia and she smiled at him and that made Kris realize that Mia was there for him and everything would be fine.


"Mom, I am so glad that you are going to be alright" Kris said as he sat down on the bed.
"Kris darling its so good seeing you and Mia here. I feel so much better now that the doctor said that it was just stress that was making me feel bad" Marie said.
"Why have you been stressed mom?" Kris asked worriedly.
"Because the last few times I have talked with you about the baby you have sounded stressed so that worried me a little too much" Marie explained.
"Mom, I am sorry for making you worry about me, Mia and the baby" Kris apologized.
"Its my job to be worried about you sweetie you are my baby and I want everything to be good for you, Mia and my grandchild" Marie said smiling at Mia.
"I love you mom" Kris said and then he hugged his mom tightly.
"Now Mia darling how are you feeling these days?" Marie asked as she held her hand out for Mia, who walked over and took Marie's hand.
"I am feeling good but baby Letang is enjoying playing soccer with my bladder and making me have weird food cravings that drive Kris up the wall" Mia joked as Kris rolled his eyes and then all three of them laughed.
"I am glad to hear you and the baby are doing well" Marie said smiling. Then Mia started to yawn and Marie realized that Kris and Mia had come straight from the airport to see her, "I think Mia needs some rest so I suggest that you two go home and rest and then you can come back later when they release me ok".
"Yes mam" Kris said as he leaned in to give his mother a quick kiss on the cheek. Mia gave Marie a hug and then she and Kris left the hospital and headed to Kris's parents house.

On the way home in the car, Mia looked over at Kris, "Kris, I told you it would be fine and I love you".
"I know and thank you so much for just being next to me during this time with my mom and with everything. I am so lucky to have you and love you more than anything" Kris said and then took Mia's hand and kissed it.

2 comments:

  1. awww what a cute short chapter...i love it, girlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of all the blogs in the world it was so awesome to find this one, with a blogger who has a penchant for writing and seems to love the Penguins (or at least Kris Letang)!

    ReplyDelete