Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chapter 13

Kris's visit was ending tomorrow and Mia was not happy about that. She wanted him to stay longer but knew he had training with Marc Andre that was already planned out. Mia was sitting on the bed next to Kris while he was verifying his flight ticket. She leaned back against the wall at the top of the bed and relaxed while watching Kris. He finished up and then moved the laptop onto the side table and turned to Mia, who was just looking at him.

"See something you like" Kris joked with her as he turned to lay on his stomach and looked at Mia.
"Yeah I do and I don't want him to leave tomorrow" Mia said sadly biting her lip to keep back her tears.
"I don't want to go either especially now that you are pregnant. I hate that I am gonna miss several of your doctor appointments and see the baby growing" Kris said sounding sad too.
"I don't want you to miss anything about the baby" Mia said and let her tears fall and pulling her legs up and hugging herself.
Kris moved to a sitting position and pulled Mia into his arms and held her tightly to his chest. Mia moved to get more comfortable in Kris's strong arms and relaxed. Kris looked down and could see Mia had stopped crying and was almost asleep.

"I think you need a nap, sweetheart" Kris said and tried to move to let Mia lay down.
"NO, stay put and just hold me please" Mia demanded looking up at him.
"I will but you need to sleep" Kris said moving back to hold Mia as she got comfortable.

Kris held Mia until her breathing was steady and he could tell she was asleep. He kissed her temple and then gently moved Mia off of him so he could let her have a much needed nap. Kris grabbed a blanket and covered Mia and smiled to himself. She looked like an angel with her hair flowing over the pillow. Kris left the room and headed downstairs to find Sidney.

Sidney was down in the basement working out when Kris found him.

"Hey Sid, how's the workout going?" Kris asked walking into the room.
"Its going well. I have run on the treadmill and now I am going to lift some weights. Would you mind spotting me please?" Sidney asked.
"Sure no problem" Kris answered and Sidney got onto the weight bench and Kris spotted him.
"Kris where's Mia?" Sidney asked while concentrating on lifting his weight.
"She is taking a much needed nap" Kris explained.
"Really because she slept late this morning. Is everything ok?" Sidney asked worriedly putting down the weight.
"She is upset because I am leaving tomorrow. Plus now that she is pregnant I really don't want to leave either" Kris explained.
"Well then why don't you stay. I don't mind and obviously Mia would be happy and I hate it when Mia is sad and misses you".
"I hate it too when she is sad, it breaks my heart but I promised Marc Andre we would do some serious workouts this summer and I also hate to break promises".
"Well then how about we convince Mia to go with you back to Montreal. I mean she only came here to hang out with me and my family".
"We can try but I thought too she came up here because she wanted to work on some photography project of the lake".
"I think she is close to finished with that so she has no need to stay here. We really need to get her to go with you back to Montreal tomorrow" Sidney said sounding serious.
"OK I would love it so I hope we can" Kris said feeling a bit better about having Mia with him in Montreal for the rest of his summer vacation.


That evening Sidney took Mia and Kris out to dinner at a local seafood restaurant. Going out to dinner was part of the plan Sidney had to help Kris convince Mia to go back to Montreal.

"Mia, how's your food?" Sidney asked as he took a sip of water.
"Its wonderful. How's yours?" Mia asked smiling.
"Good and I am glad you wanted to go out to eat tonight. I figured since Kris was going tomorrow we should enjoy a great meal" Sidney said smiling at Mia.
"Yeah this is a great idea for tonight" Mia said smiling at Kris.
"This is fun. Now changing the subject here, Mia, why don't you come back with me tomorrow please, especially now because of the baby" Kris suggested grabbing Mia's hand.
"Well, gosh I don't want to just leave Sidney here alone after I said I would spend most of my summer with him but I really do want to be with you, Kris, now that we have lots of things to do with the baby coming. But..." Mia said sounding unsure.
"No buts Mia" Sidney said, "You are going with Kris tomorrow and I will be fine and you two need this time together so I already took care of getting you a plane ticket with Kris so you are going and be with your husband".
"Wow, well it looks like we are going home, Kris" Mia said smiling and Kris leaned over and kissed her.
"I love you Mia" Kris said and Sidney just shook his head and smiled at the two of them.



The next day Sidney got Mia and Kris to the airport and while Kris was checking them in Sidney looked at Mia, "You two need this time together and maybe make your mom realize that you and Kris are meant to be together no matter what happens".
"You are right Sidney and thanks a million you really are the bestest cousin and friend ever. Love you" Mia said hugging Sidney tightly.
"Love you too Mini and I will call you later on to make sure you got home safely" Sidney said smiling down at Mia.
"Hey we are all checked in so I guess its time to go since our flight leaves soon" Kris said.
"Have a safe trip you guys" Sidney said as he gave Kris a hug too.
"Thanks Sid" Kris said and took Mia's hand and headed toward the security area.

Mia turned back right before they headed into security and waved back to Sidney and said, "Thanks a million cuz".
Sidney waved back, "Anytime and be good".

1 comment:

  1. awww.....that chapter is what I imagine it to be. Mia and Kris living together. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for more!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete